The BUS methodology is licensed only to trained and experienced partners. Our partners will guide you in the best way to carry out the surveys and interpret the results.
You can choose from paper or internet based surveys. Best results are obtained when all questions are asked, but certain questions can be omitted as it is recognised that some are not appropriate in all situations.
The non-domestic workplace survey is currently available in English, Welsh, French, Italian, Dutch,German, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, Portuguese and Spanish. Domestic and transient surveys are available in English only.
The survey contains up to 45 questions and seeks views on aspects such as:
- Thermal comfort and ventilation
- Lighting and noise
- Personal control
- Space, design and image
In commercial buildings occupants are asked about their perceived productivity and how they travel to the building.
In domestic buildings, occupants are asked about their lifestyle and environmental issues.
The non-domestic database has 650 buildings from 17 countries. The domestic database has 50 projects from the UK.
Benchmarks sets are updated annually, the list will continue to expand, and currently includes
- UK non-domestic
- Australia non-domestic
- New Zealand non-domestic
- International non-domestic
- UK primary & secondary school
- UK domestic
These are as follows:
- Summary results give a snapshot view of overall building performance.
- Results for each question are reported using statistical tables, graphs and plots.
- Slider graphics with traffic light markers used for ease of interpretation.
- Anonymised narrative comments are reported.
Your BUS methodology partner can interpret the results and put them into context for your building.